Support : End of Life Policy
Hitachi Data Systems End of Life Policy
Products reach the end of their product lifecycle as changes occur in market demand, technology innovation, new product development, or simply when a product ages and is replaced by a richer technology. Hitachi Data Systems understands that end-of-life programs often encourage companies to review the way in which end-of-life activities may affect their business systems and practices. To accommodate our customers' product planning strategies, Hitachi Data Systems has established an official "End-of-Life" Policy to help you plan for, and transition to new, more advanced offerings. The End of Life policy applies to all Hitachi-branded Products entering End-of Life on or after April 1, 2007. The Policy does not apply to product that is already subject to an End of Life announcement.
- End of Life Process
A process that guides the final business operations associated with the product life cycle. The end-of-life process consists of a series of technical and business milestones and activities that, once completed, make a Product obsolete. Once obsolete, the Product is not sold, manufactured, improved, repaired, maintained, or supported.
- Withdraw from Marketing
A formal notification period, which specifies the Withdraw from Sale date, and provides a time during which the customer can plan for last time purchases and support, and/or transition to a replacement Product.
- Withdraw from Sale
The last date to order the Product through normal Hitachi Data Systems point-of-sales mechanisms. After this date, the Product is no longer generally available.
- End of Service Life (EOSL)
The date on which Hitachi Data Systems ceases to provide support services for a Product.
End-of-Version/End-of-Life Software Policy
When a new Version of Software is released, the previous Version is no longer for sale and enters an End-of-Life transition period. During this time, Hitachi Data Systems support is offered in two phases.
- Normal Support
Normal support is provided on the Current Version and the Current Version -1. During this time, Hitachi Data Systems will continue to develop and provision Software Upgrades, Service Packs, Fixes and Patches necessary to maintain the Software in substantial conformance with the published specifications.
- Limited Support
Limited support is available for Software that is at the Current Version -2 level. During this time, Hitachi Data Systems will provision existing Service Packs and existing Patches and Fixes necessary to maintain the Software in substantial conformance with the published specifications for a 12-month period. After this time, all support for the Version will cease (EOSL).
End-of-Life Hardware Policy
Except as otherwise provided in an End of Life announcement, Hitachi Data Systems will provide normal support for a period of five years from the Withdraw from Sale date.
- Normal Support
Hitachi Data Systems will continue to develop and provision Hardware Fixes necessary to maintain the Hardware in substantial conformance with the published specifications.
To view a complete list of Product Definitions, click here.
- Hitachi Data Systems only supports the Array-Based Software or Operating Software if Hitachi Data Systems is also maintaining the Hardware on which it is installed.
- Hitachi Data Systems may refuse to supply Patches and Fixes for Software if the problem or defect can be resolved by upgrading to the Current Version.
- Hitachi Data Systems obligation to provide customer with Software support is contingent on the following: (a) the Software must be covered under a valid license; (b) the Software must be covered under a current maintenance agreement; and (c) the Software must be operating in a Hitachi Data Systems supported configuration.
- This policy applies to all Hitachi-branded Products unless otherwise specified in our End-of-Life communications.
- Hitachi Data Systems may change or update or modify this policy in the future.