Manage Multi-Vendor Storage and Backup
Hitachi Storage Viewer provides comprehensive reporting to help you maximize the storage capacity utilization and increase the backup effectiveness of your multi-vendor storage environment.
The seamlessly integrated Storage Viewer products employ a common graphical user interface, data repository and dashboards that consist of the following product modules:
- Hitachi Storage Viewer for Backup: Increase backup and recovery success.
- Hitachi Storage Viewer for Capacity: Analyze and optimize storage capacity across heterogeneous storage resources.
- Hitachi Storage Viewer for File Analytics: Fast, scalable file system profiling and analysis for unstructured data.
- Hitachi Storage Viewer for SAN Fabrics: Visualize SAN topology, improve SAN performance and properly monitor SAN fabric changes.
- Hitachi Storage Viewer for Virtual Servers: Improve storage allocation and utilization for virtualized servers.
Gain Control of Heterogeneous Storage Environments
Hitachi Storage Viewer for Backup
- See real-time views of enterprise backup infrastructures.
- Gain backup operation visibility and service-level accountability.
- Optimize backup data-protection environments and ensure that data is fully protected.
- Improve backup success and service levels.
- Control backup infrastructure costs and increase reliability of backup resources.
- Develop data protection compliance reporting.
Hitachi Storage Viewer for Capacity
- Provide visibility of storage consumption by hosts or applications.
- Report on storage users to help identify under- or over-utilized storage resources.
- Use historical trending for improved capacity forecasting.
- Effectively monitor and analyze capacity utilization of multi-vendor storage assets.
- Properly track storage capacity growth.
- Use predictive analysis to help future storage planning.
Hitachi Storage Viewer for File Analytics
- Scan, profile and analyze large file systems.
- Properly identify and manage files, helping to facilitate the archiving of outdated or infrequently accessed files.
- Purpose-built database efficiently stores file meta-data to speed file analytics.
- Provide fast and scalable enterprise-file analytics.
- Properly control unstructured file-system growth.
- Facilitate compliance to corporate file-management policies.
Hitachi Storage Viewer for SAN Fabrics
- Provide end-to-end view of SAN network paths with graphical representation of the SAN, from the server to the storage system.
- View and drill down into switch configurations and connectivity.
- Track SAN fabric changes and dependencies over time.
- Increase visibility of SAN network topologies.
- Improve SAN performance and reliability.
- Deliver SAN change-management insights.
Hitachi Storage Viewer for Virtual Servers
- Provide correlated view of VMware virtual machines with their respective storage resources.
- Monitor current shared-storage resource usage.
- Track virtual machine-storage performance metrics, such as disk I/O, disk reads/writes and disk latency.
- Comprehensive storage-management reporting that fully integrates VMware server infrastructures.
- Maximize storage utilization in virtualized server environments.
- Improve virtual-machine performance and storage-resource planning.