Cloud Mobility and Archive
Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) supports the shift toward Business-Defined IT, where IT is driven more by business-not just technical-goals. HCP is an object storage solution that allows IT organizations and cloud service providers to store, share, synchronize, protect, preserve, analyze and retrieve file data in a single system. With HCP, you have the freedom to move data to your choice of public clouds automatically, based on policy, and still retain control and visibility at all times because the metadata is securely stored on site. The system is more efficient, easier to use, and handles much more data than traditional file storage solutions. HCP automates day-to-day IT operations, such as data protection, and readily evolves with changes in scale, scope, applications, and storage and server technologies over the life of data.
- The core of an integrated solution portfolio to build private, public and hybrid clouds.
- Safe, secure file synchronization and sharing with Hitachi Content Platform Anywhere and integration with Hitachi Data Ingestor to connect remote and branch offices.
- A choice of data protection options, including a cost optimized erasure coded storage tier, and a reliable, utility-grade architecture for compliant, backup-free storage that is easy to set up, manage and adapt.
- High-density, high-efficiency storage, with multitenancy, support for multiple protocols, compatibility with open source technologies, and scalability from a few terabytes to tens of petabytes.
- Unique metadata gathering and intelligence tools bring structure to unstructured file data to enable intelligent automation and facilitate deeper analysis of data.
Manage Unstructured Data with Our Object Storage Solutions
- Find out how our edge-to-core cloud infrastructure can help you provide services for locations outside your data center. Watch or Download the video.
- Hitachi Content Platform has helped hundreds of customers solve unstructured data management challenges, view videos and read success stories
|Hitachi Content Platform (HCP) Line Card|
|HCP 300||HCP 500||HCP 500XL||HCP 500 XL 10GbE||HCP for VMware vSphere-ESXi||HCP S10|
|Capacity||4TB -130TB (DPL2),||18TB - 5PB||20TB-80PB||20TB-80PB||4TB-4.7PB||112TB - 18 PB|
|8TB -215TB, (DPL1)|
|Server Model||CR 220S||CR 210H||CR 210H||CR 220S||VMWare||N/A|
|CPU||1 x 6 Core||2 x 6 Core||2 x 6 Core||2 x 6 Core||8 x vCPU||2 x 6 Core|
|Front End Ethernet||2 x 1GbE||2 x 1GbE||2 x 1GbE||2 x 10GbE||2 x pNIC||4 x 10GbE|
4 x 1GbE
|Back End Ethernet||2 x 1GbE||2 x 1GbE||2 x 1GbE||2 x 10GbE||2 x pNIC||N/A|
|Back-End Fibre Channel||N/A||2 x 4Gb||2 x 4Gb||2 x 8Gb||2 x pNIC||N/A|
|Internal Hard Disk Drive (SATA II)||6 x 3.5" (500GB/|
|N/A||5 x 2.5" (500GB)||5 x 3.5" (500GB)||N/A||60 x 3.5"|
|SAN or Array Attach||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
*Spin-Down disk is supported when HUS is used as the storage array.
Integrate With 3rd-Party Apps or Your Custom Apps
Hitachi Content Platform features an open architecture for delivering advanced storage and data management capabilities. The superior ability of Hitachi Content Platform to manage structured and unstructured content is complemented by its independent software vendor (ISV) ecosystem. The ISV community includes leading software applications for a variety of workloads and the development of powerful end-to-end information technology solutions.
- Hitachi Content Platform lets you access and integrate with its repository through a variety of industry standard protocols, and through various HCP-specific interfaces.
- The system offers a range of integration options, including HTTP, HTTPS, WebDAV, CIFS and NFS.
- The SMTP protocol also allows special-purpose access to Hitachi Content Platform for storing email.
- For data backup and restore, HCP supports the NDMP protocol.
- Hitachi Content Platform also supports the HS3 API, which allows clients that are already written against the Amazon S3 API to be directed at an HCP system and continue to work without being changed. Openstack Swift API support also allows HCP to function as a Swift object repository and interoperate with existing OpenStack components.
Partner With Us
- The Technology Alliance Program (TAP) fosters integration of partner technology with Hitachi technology to create best-of-breed solutions. This program lets partners engage across technical, marketing, sales and channels to leverage the global scale of Hitachi.
- The Technology Alliance Program Portal requires membership in TAP and gives you information, documentation and software to help you enhance both your business relationship and your integration with HDS products.
- Hitachi Data Systems offers software development tools, APIs and documentation to ISV alliance partners who want to develop interoperability with HDS products.
- ISV Partner Compatibility Guide: See the integration and interoperability of 3rd-party ISV applications that are compatible with Hitachi Content Platform and Hitachi Data Ingestor. View the Guide.
- Developer Network: Whether you are an end user, ISV, partner, developer or more, the Developer Network is a place to share knowledge, find solutions and enhance your experience related to Hitachi Data Systems solutions.
- The Hitachi Data Systems Cloud Service Provider Program is an opportunity to provide industry leading cloud services that are powered by Hitachi Data Systems. Extend your reach with this program. Contact us for more information.