Hitachi Data Systems Geek Day 2.0
Here's the hub for the latest news straight from HDS Geek Day 2.0. On March 23 and 24 at the HDS EMEA headquarters in Sefton Park, the industry's hottest storage and virtualization bloggers will deep dive into our technologies. They'll go hands-on. They'll talk candidly with our technologists. They'll geek out for a day and a half. And we'll capture it all here and on Twitter.
Check here and on Facebook and Twitter for live updates and also galleries and videos afterward.
- 8:30am - Welcome
- 8:45am - Company Update and Discussion
- 9:45am - The Next Wave: Server & Storage Virtualization
- 12:30pm - VAAI Demo Session
- 1:30pm - Storage Technologies & Solutions
- Featuring VSP, Migration technologies, HCR and software technologies
- 8:00pm - Dinner
- 8:00am - Welcome
- 8:30am - HCS 7.0 Hands On Session
- 9:45am - Unified Compute & Reference Architectures
- 1:00pm - Storage Economics
- 2:00pm - The E2E Approach
- Asim Zaheer – Asim is Vice President of Corporate and Product Marketing.
- Claus Mikkelsen – Claus is Chief Scientist at Hitachi Data Systems.
- Dave Wilson – Dave Wilson is Senior Director of Global Health & Life Sciences.
- David Merrill – David Merrill is Chief Economist with Hitachi Data Systems.
- Hu Yoshida - Storage industry and virtualization thought leader, is VP and CTO at Hitachi Data Systems.
- Lynn Collier – Lynn is Director of Enterprise Platform and Software Solutions, EMEA and manages the company’s enterprise platform and core software products for the region.
- Mandy Perera – Competitive marketing analyst with HDS. Primary focus on enterprise storage.
- Michael Heffernan – Michael Heffernan is the global product manager for Server Virtualization at Hitachi Data Systems.
- Miki Sandorfi - HDS blogger and heads up the File, Content and Cloud team as Chief Strategist at HDS.
- Pete Gerr - HDS blogger, director of Strategic and Solutions Marketing. Focused on exploring information’s past, present, and future, the balance between 'business' and 'technology', all while keeping one eye open for the next disruptive force. Co-emcee of #HDSday with Michael Hay.
- Sean Moser – Sean is Vice President of Software Products for Hitachi Data Systems.
Featured HDS Bloggers
Hu Yoshida, storage industry and virtualization thought leader, is VP and CTO at Hitachi Data Systems. Hu shares his unique global perspective and provides technological insight of the storage industry. About Hu
Facts, opinions, and one industry veteran’s perspective on the storage market and the evolving value of digital information. Join Pete Gerr, Director of Strategic and Solutions Marketing, as he explores information’s past, present, and future, the balance between ‘business’ and ‘technology’, all while keeping one eye open for the next disruptive force.
As Chief Strategist of File and Content Services, Miki Sandorfi shares his thoughts and perspective on all things file. This is the place to look if you’re interested in learning more about Hitachi Data Systems File and Content Services products. About Miki
David Merrill is Chief Economist with Hitachi Data Systems. David shares
his experiences and unique perspective on how economic principles can
impact technical behaviors.
Check out Storage STAT for a unique perspective on the digital healthcare industry and on healthcare specific storage solutions. The Storage STAT blog is penned by healthcare resident experts, Bill Burns and Dave Wilson.
About Storage STAT
Industry veteran and storage guru, Claus Mikkelsen is CTO of Storage
Architectures at Hitachi Data Systems. As part of the CTO office, Claus
shares responsibility for new technology research for storage applications,
storage virtualization and data life cycle management.